Tuesday, November 27, 2007

A Silly Midnight Hunger

Here's a silly poem inspired by the absurd adventure I had a few nights ago in my room...

"Midnight Hunger"
by OJ Baclig

Tonight,
I had a distracting hunger
A hunger I knew would come eventually
a hunger I first denied
then ultimately embraced
so I turned to the tempting,
comforting, gently soothing hum
of the boxy, mechanical giant which,
through his warm dispassionate cold,
prolongs the life
of that which gives life
The Refrigerator
there, in his tantalizing belly
my eyes searched through by stomach,
therein I find, bifurcated by tupperware,
denied its true form,
that which was to satiate my craving,
from one plastic casket I poured out its blood
into the other casket with its entrails
merged once again,
ready to reawaken,
combined in this reguvinatory casket
I delivered it into yet another mechanical life-giver,
One who yields the invisible radioactive flames of Hades itself,
for 2 short yet long minutes I waited
to complete its resurrection
to arise again to give me life,
energy, vitality,
A Beep! Beep! Beep!
It's complete
From the bowels of the boxy radioactive life-giving monster,
emerged...
my heated spaghetti !!!
oozing, yet longing for one last piece of the reguvinative puzzle,
the grated bovine bi-product to rain upon it's steamy strings,
PARMESAN!!! Rain down upon SPAGHETTI!!!
Complete the bloody sacrifice!
And alas it is done.
Fork in hand I retreat to my domicile,
anticipating, salivating,
I dive in.... but alas!
2 minutes was not enough,
Our savior said he spits out the lukewarm,
This was not acceptable,
1 more minute in the fireless pits,
Satisfaction must have been achieved,
I sit
Fork in hand
anticipating
salivating
ready
A BUZZING.....
Where?!
A BUZZING BZZZZZZZZZ
Suddenly, there he is
Loud, Stupid, Pointless Invader! Sits right on my laptop screen
Buggy Multifaceted Perception of a distorted world,
He buzzed at me announcing his presence,
A fly,
An annoying fly,
Shooo! It flies away,
A second of silence...
BZZZZ BZZZZZ again!
Where?!!!
Behind me?! Beside me?!
Where?!!!
Beneath..... noooooo..... right beneath me.....
drowning in meaty read viscosity
drowning in that which was suppose to give me life,
a hunger which lead to slow death,
no longer mocking, but now pleading for salvation,
spaghetti sauce versus the hungry fly
the sauce won,
I lost,
a fly on---IN my spaghetti!
a fly meeting eternity in my spaghetti
I'm hungry,
I don't show mercy
I operate,
segregate and eradicate,
I extract the dying offender,
I risk the serenity of my saucy salvation,
I sit,
fork in hand,
anticipating,
salivating,
slight apprehension,
germs?
no.
hunger is stronger than fear
I sit
fork in hand
fork in spaghetti
fork in mouth
I live....

No comments: